The Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) ensures environmentally appropriate forest management and that the harvest of timber and non-timber products maintains the forest’s biodiversity, productivity, and ecological processes.
The FSC® is a leader in the chain of custody field through the development and use of its own system. This system provides information about the path taken of a material from the forest to the consumer. FSC® Chain of Custody (COC) certification allows companies to label their FSC® products, which in turn enables consumers to identify and choose products that support responsible forest management.
Mixing of FSC® certified and non-certified products must be done under controlled procedures that meet the FSC® COC requirements.
COC certification is essential for businesses seeking to access environmentally and socially aware markets, or to demonstrate compliance with public and private procurement policies that specify environmentally responsible materials. These include the EU Eco label scheme for furniture, or the U.S. Green Building Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) rating system.
Certificate Code: SCS-COC-004714
Trademark License Code: FSC-C020145
- This particleboard core is available in extra heavy duty (no additional blocking required) and is FSC® standards compliant
- ANSI A208.1 grade 1-LD-2 (36 lb.) and LEED compliant® IEQ 4.4 (no added urea-formaldehyde), MR 4 (recycled content, and MR 7 (FSC® Certified Wood)
- Structural Composite Lumber core is extra heavy duty (no additional blocking required)
- 38 pcf density and LEED compliant® IEQ 4.4 (no added urea-formaldehyde) and MR 7 (FSC® Certified Wood)
- Particleboard core with 45-minute rating, extra heavy duty with no additional blocking required
- FSC® standards compliant
- ANSI A208.1 grade 1-LD-2 (38 lb.) and LEED compliant MR 4 (recycled content), IEQ 4.4 (no added urea-formaldehyde), and MR 7 (FSC® certified wood)